Introduction to Reciprocal Teaching - RT3T™
The development of critical thinking and collaborative skills are essential for 21st century learners.
Reciprocal Teaching (RT) is one of the most powerful evidence-based strategies that we have today – for equity, inclusion, literacy and leadership. Reciprocal Teaching - RT3T™ is a modernised culturally responsive version of RT designed for our NZ context.
Schools which have implemented RT3T™ report accelerated literacy progress across the curriculum for all learners. RT3T™ provides additional benefits, such as supporting assessment for learning, well-being, and de-streaming.
This PLD is aimed at teachers in Years 3–8 who are looking to improve student literacy, engagement, leadership, and collaborative teamwork in their classrooms.
An initial one day PLD session will prepare you to implement RT3T™ in your own class, followed by workshops and individual coaching sessions to support you over the first 6–8 weeks of implementation. We encourage participants to work collaboratively and therefore recommend that two or more teachers from one school attend.
The course fee includes:
- Initial full-day PLD (Morning tea and light lunch provided)
- 6 evening workshops, held online
- Co-teaching, 2 hours per participant either online or face to face
- Resource pack with all materials needed for a successful start. Student resources available in English and Te Reo Māori
Cost: $550 + GST per participant ($500 +GST for each additional participant from the same school)
To maximise learning for all participants, numbers are limited for each course. Please register promptly to secure your place on this course.
Dates and locations of initial PLD
- Term 1: Whakatane Wednesday 23 February
- Term 2: Hamilton Wednesday 11 May
- Term 3: Tauranga Wednesday 3 August