RT3T™ Multi-strategy Package
- A contemporary and accessible prototype of Reciprocal Teaching, RT Tokotoko™, specifically for the NZ context. This includes modifications based on the latest research. Developed initially with Pasifika students, this prototype generates quick excitement, ownership and strong outcomes with all students and their teachers, and has also been highly effective with Māori and multicultural ākonga and their schools, whānau and communities.
- The new RT3T™ school-wide and cluster-wide multi-phase strategy for high impact for all students.
- RT3T™ raises both the capability of teachers to effectively apply reciprocal teaching, and the schools’ capability to effectively implement a cohesive, sustainable, school-wide strategy.
- Adaptations for specific learning of students of all ages (from 5 year olds to tertiary students).
Over the last few years the RT3T team have continued to refine RT3T™ in response to differing and changing contexts, in primary and secondary schools | Kāhui Ako | clusters of schools at all decile levels, in Auckland, Bay of Plenty and Southland regions.
Current foci within RT3T™ schools
- All year levels;
- Core pedagogy that weaving learning across the curriculum e.g. Literacy, Maths, English, Science, Social Science, place-based curriculum, integrated learning;
- Key competencies and resilience, student agency;
- Languages, supporting students to become culturally aware, articulate, confident and competent in languages such as Te Reo Māori, Samoan, Cook Island Māori, Tongan, Mandarin;
- Inclusion and learning support;
- Partnerships for seamless transitioning between, within and beyond schools;
- Home-school partnerships and distance learning;
- Leadership development.